What can you experience?
Talk to a master carver as he creates his art. Watch the miller grinding flour in De Molen, if you’re keen to climb the stairs. Chat with the historian who starts up the quirky, noisy flax stripper machine that’s a century old.
Watch old-time technology in action. Or, lavish out on some tasty Dutch foods and great coffee. Taste the good things in life. On most Sundays, you can even take the family for a ride in a horse drawn buggy.
For a quick overview of everything in the Cultural Park, check out our leaflet below.
'A Beautiful Place' Leaflet
Te Awahou Foxton is turning into an Arts and Heritage town and is well worth a visit, according to Stuff Travel. View the 'Foxton - A Tale of Taonga, Treasures and Fizz' article below.
Stuff Travel | Sunday Star-Times Article - Foxton and the Beach (July 2021)
Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom - Our multi-cultural facility
- Oranjehof Dutch Connection Centre – national Dutch museum
- Piriharakeke Generation Inspiration Centre – Māori museum, gallery and learning centre
- Foxton Hub – local heritage and natural environment, Foxton library, kids’ activity area
- Library, computers, wifi access
- Foxton Heritage Room
- Exhibition gallery
- Council services and bookable meeting rooms
- Retail outlets
- Te Awahou Foxton isite Visitor Information Centre
Other visitor attractions
- De Molen Windmill and Dutch Deli
- Whare Manaaki Māori Gallery and Workshop
- Foxton Flax Stripper Museum
- Café De Molen
- Foxton Horse-Drawn Tram / Buggy
Come and meet us – experience our stories – and share yours