Explore our Whare Taonga
Piriharakeke is a place for the arts and learning. It inspires older and younger generations to interact with each other and continue our cultural values, beliefs, rituals and traditions.
Kaitiaki may share their Piriharakeke connections with visitors, and tell the stories that have shaped hapū identity, values, strategies and hapū with connections to Te Awahou Foxton.
Nau mai, haere mai
Explore and experience:
- Whakapapa – Origin stories associated with Ngāti Raukawa ki te Tonga
- Whenua – A digitised perspective of landmarks and people, through the Ngāti Raukawa ki te Tonga rohe
- Ko Manawatū te awa – The relationship with the river
- Kaumātua – Our iwi leaders
- Taonga – Special and important, shared with visitors
- Tohunga – Our specialists and their legacies
- Kaitiakitanga – How we care
- Te Reo – The backbone of our culture.