Services and amenities

Services and Amenities

General information

  • Wifi available in all spaces. Please respect fellow visitors when using personal mobile devices.
  • Please refrain from eating or drinking in our museum spaces and library. Food can be consumed in the reception foyer, or upstairs in the kitchen space. Or you can find a comfy seat at the Millside or Dutch Oven cafes and enjoy their range of food and drinks.
  • Please don’t touch the artwork.
  • Te Awahou Riverside Cultural Park is a smoke-free zone, this includes electronic cigarettes.
  • Feel free to take photographs for personal use. Note that special conditions may apply to photography of some artworks. When you come across a 'no photography' sign please do not take any photographs. 
  • Ask our friendly museum volunteers or visitor services team if you’re unsure about anything, we're here to help. 

Disability Access

  • Our facility is wheelchair friendly with access to all spaces in the facility and there are disability toilets and parking available.
  • We have a wheelchair available for hire. Please enquire at the reception desk.

Food and drink

  • Te Awahou Riverside Cultural Park has a cafe on site for your dining needs. Café De Molen features many Dutch delicacies and Kiwi favourites.
  • Alternatively pack a picnic and enjoy time with your whānau and friends outside in our beautiful grounds. 

Parking & buses 

  • Buses stop right outside the park. 
  • Free on-street parking is available outside the park.
  • A limited number of mobility parking spaces are located close to the park. Vehicles must have a mobility card on display to utilise these parks.
  • Bikes, scooters and skateboards are not allowed inside Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom, they can be parked at the bike stand by De Molen windmill. Please bring your own lock.

Community Market Car Park

Community Market Car Park at Te Awahou Nieuwe Stroom is available for those wanting to sell goods, where people will be selling food applicants must ensure they comply with regulatory requirements. Communication with Council's Environmental Health Officer (EHO) may be necessary.